Last Updated on July 1, 2020 by Bob Albertson
Are you having a difficult time choosing the perfect bed frame from your Tuft and Needle Mattresses? If so, then I highly recommend that you read this article to the end.
Our team at Carenician has researched the best bed frames, and now we are going to share our findings with you. The following are the best options from Amazon and other companies.
#1 – Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase
- Size: 14 inches high with 13 inches of Clearance under the frame for valuable under bed storage space
- Core Composition: Steel frames and wires
- Full Dimension: 54 x 75 x 14 inches. Replaces bed frame and box spring
- Requirements: Requires the use of SmartBase headboard brackets to connect to a headboard.
- Assembling: No tools are required, assembles in minutes
The Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase is the next generation of bed frames. This SmartBase bed frame eliminates the requirement for a Box Spring. This product is designed for the best durability and support since the sturdy steel mattress has different contact points with the floor for stability.
This prevents the mattress from sagging which increases its useful life.
SmartBase is one of the best comfort innovations designed by Zinus.
#2 – Zinus 14 Inch MyEuro SmartBase
- Height: 14″ height of frame allows for plenty of under bed storage
- Bed Support Bar Size: 14 wooden slats, centre support bar, and ten foldable legs provide strength and stability
- Dimensions: 60 x 80 x 14 inches available
- Product Weight: Contains 43 pounds
The Zinus 14 Inch MyEuro SmartBase is the next generation of bed frames – this bed frame eliminates the need for a box spring as your memory foam, spring or latex mattress must be placed directly on the SmartBase.
#3 – Zinus 16 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame
- Frame: Strong steel support for increased mattress life
- Dimensions: 74.5 x 53.5 x 15.9 inches
- Product Warrnty: Worry free 5-year warranty
- Product Weight: The product contains 38.5 pounds
The Zinus 16 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame has steel slats that give strong support for your memory foam, spring mattress or Hybrid. The platform bed is 16 inches high with clearance under the frame for great storage under the bed. The quick lock 16-inch platform bed gives strong support for your mattress without the requirement of a box spring.
#4 – Hemnes Bed Frame & Mattresses
- Material: Made of solid wood, which is a durable and warm natural material
- Colour: Available at black-brown
- Size: Available at king and queen size
The Hemnes Bed Frame is made up of solid, durable wood made of natural and warm material. This material is solid pine with acrylic lacquer. The centre support beam is galvanized steel. The slatted bed base has a eucalyptus and pine veneer with adhesive resin as a coating.
The bed frame has adjustable bed sides which allow the use of mattresses with varying thicknesses. The 17 slats of layer-glued birch can also adjust to your body weight and increase the bendiness of the mattress.
#5 – Neiden Bed Frame Collection with clothing
- Material: Natural solid wood
- Products Specification: Personal by staining, painting or waxing it
- Dimensions: Product co ntains 80 x 8.5 x 3 inches
The natural solid wood of Neidan Bed Frame is beautiful and can be easily painted, waxed, or stained to add an artistic touch to it. Moreover, the bed frame is high enough, so it is easy to place storage boxes underneath.
If you oil and wax the solid wood surface, the wood will be very durable and easy to care for. The centerboard beam is also included which makes it comfortable for you to lean against and watch TV.
#6 – Tuft & Needle Metal Base Bed Frame
- Built For Comfort: Base comes with side panels, prevent the box spring from sliding around the top
- Tool-Less Assembly Super simple to assemble, Metal base doesn’t require any tools, frustration or yelling.
- Sturdy Steel : Metal Bed Frame is built with powder-coated black steel.
- Product Warranty: 5-Year Warranty
If you like the Tuft & Needle brand, you might be interested in this simple and inexpensive metal bed frame. This bed frame is very sturdy and comfortable. It is made from black-coloured steel and comes in six different sizes. The side panels avoid a box spring from sliding and it can be assembled easily without the need of any tools.
#7 – Tuft & Needle Mattress Box-foundation
- Size: At 7 1 / 4 inches, extra height.
- Frame: Metal Bed Frame is built with power-coated black steel.
- Product Warranty: Backed by our 5-Year Warranty,
- Built For Comfort: Base comes with side panels that prevent the box spring from sliding around the top and a headboard attachment.
- Tool-Less Assembly: Metal base doesn’t require any tools, frustration or yelling.
This is another bed frame designed by Tuft & Needle and it can be used with a metal base bed frame or with another frame to increase height. The foundation includes a durable cover made of stone grey woven fabric. It is 7.25 inches high and can be easily assembled without the need of any tools.
#8 – Zinus SmartBase Mattress Foundation Platform Bed Frame
- Size: 12 inches high with 11 inches
- Tool-Less Assembly: No tools are required, assembles in minutes
- Product Dimesions: 190.5 x 90 x 35.5 cm ; 9.8 Kg
- Product Weight: 11.9 Kg
- Requires the use of SmartBase headboard brackets to connect to a headboard
This platform bed frame by Zinus is made from wire and steel and does not require a box spring. It is very simple, sturdy and strong. It will also prevent your mattress from sagging. It is 14 inches high and has 13 inches of storage space under the bed. It takes only minutes to assemble and no tools are needed and folds for easy storage. It is easy to move and can fit inside of other bed frames. It comes in six sizes and has plastic caps to protect the floors
See also Our Hot Topic: Top 4 Types of Metal Bed Frames in 2020
#9- Alsa Platform Bed Frame
- Drawer Slide Material: Metal Color: Wenge
- Mattress Size: 54 inches x 75 inches
- Headboard Height: 27.6 inches
- Product Net Weight: 158.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 58.7 inches x 79.1 inches x 27.6 inches
If you want the look of a wooden bed frame then this slat bed frame by Alsa is a great choice. It is made from solid Malaysia rubber wood with an amazing wenge finish, you do not need a box spring to use this attractive frame. It sits very close to the floor so you won’t be able to find much storage space under this frame. Assembly is required but it only takes about half an hour
#10 – Nomad Solid Hardwood platform bed frame
- Product Dimensions: 14″ H x 54″ W x 75″ L Weight 35.6 lbs
- Ergonomics design: With idealBase platform bed, no need for a box spring or bed frame and is noise free
- Size: 14″ Inches idealBase will allow you to have 13” inches of storage space under the bed frame
- Easy Assembly- No tools are required. Folding mechanism for stowaway
- Durable Construction– Made of Steel. sturdy support construction. 600 LBS weight capacity
This wooden frame by nomad is made in the USA from unfinished solid poplar hardwood. The wood is much stronger than pine. It is natural and hypoallergenic. It comes with smooth rounded edges and no sharp corners. Strong in support and you don’t need a box spring in order to use it. Assembly is required but doesn’t take up a lot of time.
#11 –Zinus Quick snap standing mattress foundation/platform bed
- Height: 16 Inch total 9 Inch thick strong and sturdy steel frame with 7 Inch support legs
- Size: Available in Twin, Full, Queen, King
- Product Warranty : Worry-free 5-year limited warranty
This bed frame by Zinus is very attractive and consists of a 9-inch thick sturdy steel frame on 7 inch support legs. It also comes with an attractive zippered slipcover. It is compactly packaged and can be assembled in less than 20 minutes. It includes all tools required for assembly.
#12 – Manhattan Bed frame and headboard
- Size: Bed frame and headboard fits queen-sized mattresses.
- Dimensions: 65 x 26.8 x 4.2 inches
- Modern Design Fits : The sleek, contemporary lines and low profile design helps our bed frame and headboard blend into almost any room.
- Padded Frame and Headboard: The bed is upholstered in a rich ebony-coloured faux leather and padded for your comfort.
- Easy To Assemble: The bed frame and headboard assemble in minutes using hardware that you can’t see.
If you need a bed frame with a headboard, then this bed frame from Manhattan is a great option. It comes with a sleek and contemporary design that will fit any room, this low profile frame has wooden slats and does not need a box spring. The frame and headboard are padded and upholstered in faux leather
#13 – Flex Form Finnish Metal Platform Bed Frame,
- Durable Construction: Black anodized coated 100percentage steel construction
- Easy to Assemble: No tools required-assembles in minutes
- Size: 14 inch frame height allows for ample under bed storage
- Supportable: Supports up to 2500 lbs
The Flex Form Finnish Platform Bed Frame is made up of metal and includes adjustable arched hardwood slats that can be arranged for firm levels. This platform bed frame does not require a box spring and takes a few minutes to assemble without using any tools. It also has a center leg for support which prevents the mattress from sagging. It provides 14 inches of clearance space and there’s a lot of room for storage under the frame.
#14 – Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Upholstered
- Cost: Low-cost alternative to more expensive ergonomic bed bases
- Height: 12-Inch leg height
- Easy to Assemble : Simple to operate wired remote with separate head and foot elevation options make it easy to watch TV, read, or work on a laptop
- Easy To Use Adjustable mattress friendly, ideal for use with foam, latex and air mattresses.Easy assembly, ships directly to your door
- Frame: Designed to be used with or without a standard bed frame.
- 5 Star Customer Service
If you’re looking for an affordable adjustable bed frame, then this frame from Classic Brands is a great choice. This frame has separate ergonomic head and foot elevations, lounge and zero gravity positions.
Box Spring for Tuft & Needle
1- Classic Brands High Profile 8-Inch Box-Spring Replacement, Queen
- Easy to assemble instant foundation is a low-cost solution that provides perfect support for all mattress types
- The strong and sturdy foundation supports heavier mattresses including Memory Foam and Latex and actually increases the mattress’s longevity by preventing sagging
- High profile foundation is durable, noise-free, and supports all mattress types (mattress, frame, and headboard sold separately)
- Handcrafted of solid spruce in the USA by the Pennsylvania Amish
- Package delivers to your doorstep and fits easily through tight hallways or narrow stairwells
- Easy to assemble; most tools and instructions are included
- 5 Star Customer Service; Available 7 days a week
If you want to buy a foundation that is recommended by the people at Tuft & Needle, the Classic Brands instant foundation is a great option. It is made up of solid wood and the assembly is very quick and easy. All you need to do is a screw in each slat and slip the cover on.
The slats are 4.5 inches apart, but since the slats are solid, you don’t need to worry about the spacing.
The traditional box spring foundation has a cover that fits easily and secures with a drawstrings closure. This foundation is highly recommended by the people at Tuft & Needle. It is one of the best-sellers among all the available box springs. It also offers support that your mattress needs. Additionally, it offers the airflow which is required to keep everything fresh and clean.
2- Zinus 9 Inch High Profile Smart Box Spring, Queen
- Strong and sturdy steel structure with 9 Inch high profile
- Convenient and compact packaging
- Quick Lock construction for fast and easy assembly
- 9 inch height is perfect for lower profile mattresses
- Worry free 5 year limited warranty
To ensure that you can easily get out of your bed, you might want to consider a taller foundation such as the Zinus 9 inch High Profile box spring. Combine this with a traditional metal bed frame or maybe some bed risers along with your 10 inch tall tuft & needle mattress and you will have a bed that will look like a hotel bed. It is one of the luxuries that you can bring into your home and enjoy every night.
When you consider the strength of the steel bed foundation, height is just a bonus. No product is perfect and this box spring has several negative reviews for defective pieces. However, this foundation has a five year warranty, so there should be no problem to get replacement parts. The frame is a bit smaller than the standard size of the mattress, so you might feel that your bed spills over a tad, but it shouldn’t be much of a problem.
3- Best Price Mattress New Innovated Box Spring, Queen
- Completed mattress support system-Replace old frame & box spring
- Easy to assemble – in minutes – no tool required
- Super strong – 100% steel construction
- 14″ High-Storage space
- Queen size 60″ x 80″ x 14″
Are you sick of assembling furniture? The great thing about this Best Price Mattress Box Spring is that It requires very little effort on your end. Even better news is that the Tuft & Needle mattress will get the support it needs. Assembly is very quick and easy and only takes a few minutes to set up.
4- Zinus 4 Inch Low Profile BiFold Box Spring
- Folding mattress foundation compresses for easy mobility and storage
- Designed to have the look of a traditional box spring with heavy gauge steel frame and fabric cover
- No assembly required, simply open the box, slide the foundation out and unfold, it will immediately open to the shape of a box spring
- 4 inch height is perfect for higher profile mattresses
- Worry free 5-year limited warranty
One of the reasons why you might be interested to buy this Zinus 4 inch low-profile box spring is for a taller bed frame. If you don’t want a lot of height with a foundation since it will peek out from your bed rails, this is a great choice. Additionally, it’s a supportive option for your Tuft & Needle mattress, which is a lot more important. Another reason to purchase this box spring is that it doesn’t require assembly. You just have to unfold it, flip it over, and put the cover on.
5- Olee Sleep OLR14BF04Q Heavy Duty Steel Slat Bed Frame T-3000, Queen
- Unique Sturdy design – metal Construction for long-lasting and stable mattress support. The frame encloses the mattress to prevent slipping/ eliminates the Need for a box Spring
- Modern Bedroom Furniture with storage – ample under-bed space with 13.5 inches Clearance
- Easy and seamless assembly – all the required hardware and tools are included/ headboard compatible
- Outer dimensions-81.5 x 61.5 x 15 inches. Inner dimensions-79.5 x 59.5 x13.5 inches.
- Fast Furniture delivery/ 5 year limited manufacturer warranty
This heavy-duty steel foundation from Olee Sleep is one of the most affordable box springs. To make sure that It works even better with your Tuft & Needle mattress, you need to add a Bunkie Board. One of the main reasons to buy this foundation instead of a modern box spring is because it eliminates the need for the bed rails, it lifts your bed up a little higher, which provides super strong support and allows for storage under-bed.
6- Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Mattress Foundation
- Product Dimensions: 152.4 x 203.2 x 35.6 cm ; 17.8 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 18.3 Kg
- Easy to assemble
One of the main problems that people have with steel foundations is that they tend to squeak over time. But this is not the case with the Zinus 14 inch foundation which promises quiet nights. It’s a sturdy steel bed that provides a lot of support for a Tuft & Needle mattress. However, the slats are far apart so you might consider adding a Bunkie Board for additional support.
Different types of bases and bed frames for Tuft & Needle mattresses
First of all, you have to decide what type of base or frame will work best for you. Box springs are frequently used with mattresses to give extra support and height. Most modern mattresses no longer need box springs because they have enough support on their own but some frames still require them.
Slatted frames, which can also be used without a box spring, provide a low profile, modern look and are more breathable, which helps keep the mattress from gathering moisture and mildew. Typically, slats are made up of wood arranged linearly and attached to rubber holders and a metal frame. Slat frames give support and comfort. Slats should be no more than 3 inches apart for most mattresses to prevent sagging. Another type of frame that you might be interested in is an adjustable frame. Adjustable frames enable you to dispose different parts of the bed depending on what you need. These bed frames are perfect for snorers or people with different health conditions. They can assist with blood circulation, acid reflux, asthma, and back problems. If you are searching for a low-key base, you might think about a bunky board, a low-profile box spring that is much closer to the ground than a traditional box spring, or a tatami mat for sleeping on the floor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the most important thing to look for in a mattress frame?
The most important things that one should look for in a mattress frame are Sturdiness, comfort and style. Ensure that the platform frames are well-built so no matter what situation you get yourself into, you know that you have a beautiful and reliable frame.
Do I Really Need a Bed Frame?
In all honesty, it is not right for your mattress to be on the floor and every retailer will tell you the same thing. Mold can be easily built up inside of your mattress if you don’t provide it with the ability to breath. To further discuss this topic, microscopic bugs have also known to burrow deep into the mattress fairly quickly if not provided the space to breath.
Use one of these bed frames to get yourself off the ground and prolong the age of your mattress.